That Low Price Will Sometimes Be The Highest
We have all been there, you do your do diligence and have three contractors come over for an estimate and then you get three prices all over the place and one incredibly low one. You really loved the one contractor, everything he or she said was spot on, their references are great and they have done a lot of work in your neighborhood. But this was the highest price. Then you had the other come in, dressed sloppy their estimate written on a scrap piece of paper, no contract and the lowest price by far and you did not really “click” with them.
So what do you do? By selecting that low price you have to know a few things about contractors.
- Mostly everyone is getting the supplies around the same cost if they are using the same high quality products. So this is one area they can cheat you by substituting low priced materials that will not last or hold up as long.
- Are they fully and currently inured enough to cover the cost of minor or major damage? Accidents do happen and wouldn’t you be surprised when you find out their insurance coverage doesn’t cover the damage? You should receive the insurance certificate from the agent directly.
- If they have others workers with them do they have a current workers compensation certificate? If that worker hurts themselves in your home your asking for trouble by not checking this out before hand. You will both be liable.
- Did they give you a basic scope of work (low ball) and have plans to hit you with every added cost along the way? This is one area that can take this low price and push it to the highest cost.
- Are they leaders in their industry? We frequently publish instructional videos for the painting industry, have weekly and monthly training for our company, write blogs and have won numerous industry awards.
- Are they given new products by the manufacturers to test and give feedback?
You can see you have to sift through a bunch of information to get to the actual cost before agreeing to hire any contractor
- Know the real price, of course there may be additional work added or areas that were hard to figure but this should be clearly written in the proposal
- Get the insurance certificates
- Know what products are being used
- Clearly express your expectations and have them listed on the proposal.
- Be home on the start of the job and have daily interaction with the foreman on the job
If you follow these tips you will increase your chances of having a successful project whether it be commercial painting, residential painting, interior or exterior painting these tips can go a long way.
We are your Lehigh Valley painting company and can offer full commercial painting services including epoxy floors, spraying, facility maintenance, Health facility painting, warehouse painting, faux finishes, floors, sealing and waterproofing in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and more . We also offer large and medium residential painting in the Easton, Bethlehem and Allentown and surrounding areas.
If you are looking for an experienced Northampton & Lehigh County painter then please call (484) 821-7112 or complete our online request form.
Ryan Amato - Amato Painting and Power Washing
Ryan Amato is a man driven by his values, first and foremost. As manager of Amato Painting, Ryan’s leadership is one of trust and commitment. His relationships with his team are as important as those with his clients. His motivation to provide professional service is driven by a dependable workmanship that secures their reputation of being the best at what they do. No matter the size of the project, Ryan is adept at meeting deadlines and budgets.
As an award winner for his outstanding painting work, Ryan’s projects have been featured in the Sherwin Williams Quarterly Industry Magazine. You can find his contributions to the painting community across numerous blog sites and on his YouTube channel. With a true passion for his craft, Ryan is driven by so much more than the bottom line. He lives in Easton, Pa with his fiancé Michelle, his two teenagers, Preston and Ryenn and his dog Duncan who stars on the company logo!