WHAT IT COSTS TO HIRE A PROFESSIONAL PAINTING CONTRACTOR
When you call to make that first estimate you may have no idea what the costs will be
We are referring to reputable, licensed, insured with workman’s compensation and highly trained painters here.
Atypical days work for a painter could normally cost between $500-750 dollars depending on what is being done and the difficulty and risk involved but for this blog let’s assume were referring to a simple bedroom, here is a cost breakdown on a typical 10×12 bedroom and what to expect using three colors, one for the ceiling, one for trim and one for walls
- Materials, tape, plastic, roller covers, let’s assume that is it and it costs about $35
- Paint, you will need one gallon for the ceiling with two coats, 2 gallons for the walls and one gallon for the trim with baseboards, a few doors, and 2 window sills, using a quality mid grade paint figure $50 a gallon so $200 total
- Your already at $235 of materials and the painter hasn’t stepped on site yet
- This room we would bill at a one-day rate of about $500
- So your total for this room would be around $750
- This includes the painters, insurance, taxes, fuel, overhead, and profit.
- When you break it down the painting company may make $225 if they are lucky
- So when the customer starts to lower or negotiate all of that is coming from the profit of the company to train, get new equipment and benefits for the painters
This is a typical scenario and yes you will certainly find lower prices and higher ones but this is a good one to go off of, again the difficulty and preparation will change this price
If you use this as guide you won’t be surprised when the quotes start coming in, anything too low I would certainly question as the difference in price will be made upon the quality of your job for sure.
Ryan Amato - Amato Painting and Power Washing
Ryan Amato is a man driven by his values, first and foremost. As manager of Amato Painting, Ryan’s leadership is one of trust and commitment. His relationships with his team are as important as those with his clients. His motivation to provide professional service is driven by a dependable workmanship that secures their reputation of being the best at what they do. No matter the size of the project, Ryan is adept at meeting deadlines and budgets.
As an award winner for his outstanding painting work, Ryan’s projects have been featured in the Sherwin Williams Quarterly Industry Magazine. You can find his contributions to the painting community across numerous blog sites and on his YouTube channel. With a true passion for his craft, Ryan is driven by so much more than the bottom line. He lives in Easton, Pa with his fiancé Michelle, his two teenagers, Preston and Ryenn and his dog Duncan who stars on the company logo!