PAINT SHEEN AND HOW TO CHOOSE
Choosing paint sheen can be confusing but it doesn’t have to be
So you’re ready to paint your home and you picked out the best color and know what brand you’re getting and then they ask you what sheen would you like to use and you look like a deer in the headlights. No one ever explained them and who cares what sheen we use, the color is what we want.
This is the most important decision you can make, the sheen is what makes it sometimes washable or not, easy to touch up or not and will show imperfections or not.
We made this list to help you choose the perfect sheen depending on the situation, lighting, application difficulty and use of space will all affect the choice. Your estimator or office staff can certainly help assist in this decision.
We would like to thank you for the opportunity of earning your business. Amato Painting, LLC would like to help you pick the correct sheen for your project. Please review our suggestions below:
- Look: Non-reflective
- Qualities: Hides imperfections, absorbs light, hard to clean, easy touch up
- Best Use: Low traffic areas, interior walls, and ceilings
- Look: low luster but with an angular sheen
- Qualities: Hides minor imperfections, absorbs light, low stain resistance, easier to clean
- Best Use: Medium traffic areas (bedrooms), interior walls
- Look: Flat finish with little luster. Soft velvet like appearance
- Qualities: cover wall imperfections, resists some dirt and grime , may not touch up as easy as other sheens
- Best Use: Moderate traffic areas (Living room, dining room)
- Look: pearl like look
- Qualities: easy to clean, can be used inside and outside, resists mildew, dirt and stains. Will show any imperfections on your walls
- Best Use: high traffic areas, and areas that exposure to some moisture (kitchen)
- Look: radiant sheen, reflects light
- Qualities: easy to clean, resists mildew, moisture and wear, can be used inside and outside. Hard to touch up
- Best Use: high traffic and moisture prone areas (bathrooms, kitchens)
- Look: Smooth, high shine finish, glass like finish
- Qualities: very easy to clean, no touch up and shows every imperfection
- Best Use: surfaces that are frequently cleaned, window trim, cabinets, doors
If you are looking for an experienced Northampton & Lehigh County painter then please call (484) 821-7112 or complete our online request form.
Ryan Amato - Amato Painting and Power Washing
Ryan Amato is a man driven by his values, first and foremost. As manager of Amato Painting, Ryan’s leadership is one of trust and commitment. His relationships with his team are as important as those with his clients. His motivation to provide professional service is driven by a dependable workmanship that secures their reputation of being the best at what they do. No matter the size of the project, Ryan is adept at meeting deadlines and budgets.
As an award winner for his outstanding painting work, Ryan’s projects have been featured in the Sherwin Williams Quarterly Industry Magazine. You can find his contributions to the painting community across numerous blog sites and on his YouTube channel. With a true passion for his craft, Ryan is driven by so much more than the bottom line. He lives in Easton, Pa with his fiancé Michelle, his two teenagers, Preston and Ryenn and his dog Duncan who stars on the company logo!